**The Tri-Cities is also the setting of the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs.
**300 day of sun... i think that this is a lye its way too over cast!
**In 2010, Kiplinger rated the Tri-Cities among the Top 10 best places to raise a family, and CNN/Money ranked the Tri-Cities one of the top 10 best bets for gains in housing value, due to its relatively stable economic conditions since the early 2000s.
**160 wineries within an hour’s drive, the Tri-Cities of Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland is truly at the heart of the Columbia Valley which includes the Yakima Valley, Walla Walla Valley, Red Mountain, Horse Heaven Hills, and Wahluke Slope appellations (areas with a distinctive growing climate that influences wine production). It is easy to conceive that Columbia Valley wineries would produce high-end, premium wines since the Tri-Cities area lies on the same latitude as the world-famous Burgundy and Bordeaux regions of France. The region’s wonderful weather combines with the Columbia Valley’s volcanic soil, producing hot summer days and crisp, cool evening breezes which naturally stress the vines, creating conditions for making great wine
**The Tri-Cities is linked by a system of 67 miles of paved pedestrian and bike trails that run through the various cities and along the rivers. The 23-mile Sacagawea Heritage Trail forms a loop that crosses two bridges and runs along the Columbia River through both Kennewick and Pasco.
**Major annual events in the Tri-Cities are varied and occur throughout the year:
- Cool Desert Nights - classic car show held in Richland in June. Attracts visitors from throughout the northwest.
- Tri-Cities Waterfollies - annual unlimited hydroplane racing and air shows including the Columbia Cup, held on the Columbia River in July.
- Allied Arts Show - annual art show held Richland's Howard Amon Park, in July.
- Benton/Franklin Fair - annual, regional fair held at Kennewick fairgrounds in late August.
**The Tri-Cities Metro Area has a population of over 248,400 people.
- Kennewick, Washington (68,570)
- Pasco, Washington (56,300)
- Richland, Washington (48,480)
- Hermiston, Oregon (15,030)
- West Richland, Washington (12,130)
** Famous People here
- Danica Stewart, Actress, Passions
- Chuck Palahniuk, novelist - Fight Club
- Nate Mendel - Foo Fighters bassist
- Sharon Tate - Actress, victim of the Manson Family murders, Miss Richland, 1959
- Adam Carriker — Washington Redskins
- Brian Urlacher — Chicago Bears Pro Bowl linebacker
- Bruce Kison — Pittsburgh Pirates World Series pitcher
- Damon Lusk — NASCAR driver
- Gene Conley — Major League Basketball and Baseball player, RHS
- Hope Solo — United States women's national soccer team goalkeeper
- Jason Repko — Minnesota Twins outfielder
- Jeremy Bonderman — Detroit Tigers pitcher
- Kimo von Oelhoffen — former Defensive Tackle for the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Matt Sampsell — sportscaster
- Michael Jackson — Seattle Seahawks linebacker
- Ray Mansfield — National Football League player, center, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Ray Washburn — former Major League Baseball pitcher
- Travis Buck — Oakland Athletics outfielder
- Tyler Brayton — Carolina Panthers
**The company is based in West Richland, near the Tri-Cities, Washington and specializes in the production of supercars.
**September 13, 2007, the "Ultimate Aero" took the title of fastest production car from the Bugatti Veyron, which has since been reclaimed by the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. The Ultimate Aero has a top speed of 414 km/h (257 mph).